I wanted an easy, natural look for my trip to the beach. In fact, I only took a few select beauty products with me. My major criteria was that each product had to have the staying power to last through the sun, surf and sand. I was pleasantly surprised with how well the ones I chose stood up to the test and thought I'd share my faves with you today!
Wanna recreate my easy, breezy beauty look for the beach?
HERE'S THE HOW TO:
In my beauty bag:
1. Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof Mascara: This stuff stays put! Be warned you'll need a great waterproof eye makeup remover and a bit of patience to get this stuff off. (This is the remover I used. It was nice and gentle on my sensitive skin.) This mascara really has the ability to give you beautiful lashes all day long.
2. Revlon PhotoReady Creme Blush in Pinched: This creme blush is a great dupe for another fave of mine, Benefit's Cha Cha tint. I doesn't quite have the staying power of the Benefit tint, but its price is much nicer on the pocket book. I really love the subtle peachy flush it gives my cheeks. And, you can dab it on with your fingers, so there is no reason to pack a blush brush.
3. Maybelline Unstoppable Waterproof Eyeliner in Onyx: I simply drew a thin line along my upper lashline for some definition. This stuff did smudge a little throughout the day, but it did so in a nice subtle way, so I didn't mind.
4. BareMinerals Powder Foundation: This is my one splurge, but it is totally worth it. I use this powder foundation everyday. It evens out your skin tone without making you look or feel like you have makeup on. It's not exactly waterproof, but it was great for touch ups when we stepped away from the beach.
Now, for the lips!
6. Revlon Just Bitten Lip Balm Stain in Rendevous: Ok, I know this stuff looks scary orange, but don't be alarmed, because it goes on nice and sheer to give your lips a sweet touch of coral. I really like the subtle punch of color it added to my lips.
And, that's it! It just took a few minutes to pull this look together in the morning, and then I was set to play in the sun all day long!
Do you guys have any favorite makeup products or tips you'd like to share? I'm a bit of a makeup junkie, so I'm always looking for fun new things to try.